45 minute gourmet dinner
Ever spent a significant portion of your day thinking about what you’re going to make for dinner? The ingredients you need, how you’re going to make it and you play it over and over and over…and over in your head, and then you get home and you execute? No? Oh okay, Me neither 🙂 Well, except for this 1 day -___-. It was date night in our house, and we’d planned to finally watch frozen.
I decided to make something special. I had rolled it over in my head all day. There was only 1 missing ingredient from the house! Asparagus! 2 Walmarts later, I had my bunch in hand.
Here’s what we had for dinner:
1/2 a bunch of asparagus
6 sweet potatoes
2 lamb shoulder chops
1 medium red onion
Organic spring mix salad (baby lettuce, baby greens and Radicchio)
- I started by boiling water with our Hamilton Beach electric kettle. Takes about 2 minutes to start boiling.
- In the meantime, I scrubbed the sweet potatoes (didn’t peel) and cut them up into about 1 inch thick slices. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the process. As I mentioned, I was on a mission.
- The potatoes and boiling water (no salt) went into the pressure cooker and I let it cook for about 10 minutes. Start pre-heating the oven to 350F.
- While the potatoes were cooking on the stove, I chopped the onions, rinsed the lamb chops and seasoned with salt, bouillon seasoning, black pepper and my favorite cajun seasoning. In to a pot they went with the onions and enough boiling water to cover the chops.
- I took the potatoes off and transferred to a pan to bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Flip them over halfway through. For about 2 mins at the end, I changed the oven setting to broil at 500F.
- After the chops cooked for about 5-10 minutes. I transferred to a pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, added 1 tbsp olive oil and let the chops sear. You must flip the meat over continuously. The onions go on the plate.
- In another pan, add a quarter cup of water to the asparagus with only salt and black pepper. Let the asparagus cook till the water dries and the asparagus starts to shrivel just very slightly. And we’re done!
- Plate the meal as shown below. For the entree, we had Walmart’s Organic Spring Mix with Sweet Italian dressing, cashews and a drizzle of honey.