- 4 Avocados
- 4 cloves or 4 tsps Chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Lime or Lemon Juice
- 12 tbsps Vegetable, Olive, Sunflower or other oil of your choosing
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
This avocado dressing recipe is not in any way shape or form Nigerian. However, as far as I am aware, we don’t really do anything with Avocados. My only recollection of eating avocados, was with my grandma. She would cut it open, sprinkle some salt on it and eat.
Incidentally, my parents were visiting and have been eating a lot of vegetables. This diet, includes avocados with practically every meal. When they left, there were about 15 avocados or so left in the fridge. I needed to find a way to utilize them before they went bad.
This is a simple recipe for a salad dressing that is both healthy, and delicious.
Prep Steps 🙁
- Rinse the skins of the avocados and slice across.
- If you’re not using already chopped garlic, peel your cloves and cut into pieces
The Avocado Dressing
- Take a spoon and scoop the avocados into a food processor.
- Add everything else; salt, pepper, oil, water, lime/lemon juice.
- Whisk everything together in the blender or in the food processor. You may add more water if it’s too thick for you.
Note: Although a food processor is your best option, mine was out of commission at this time, so I simply used a hand mixer.