|Knorr bouillon seasoning||2 tsps|
|Ground dry red pepper||2 tsps|
|Palm Oil||2 tsps|
|Cajun seasoning (optional)||2 tsps|
Everybody loves chicken! Except of course, if you are vegetarian. Across various cultures all over the world, chicken is one food that is consistent and familiar to everyone.
This recipe is inspired mostly by my dislike for frying meat. I dislike deep-frying in general; the used oil that sits there looking nasty till the next time you’re ready to use it; the flavors that get transferred to food after reusing oil because it is impractical to throw the oil away after one or two uses; the inevitable mess generated on the stove from oil splashing while frying. All the aforementioned inconveniences regardless, I have no issues with fried chicken itself. I love fried chicken, as long as it is not too salty.
This is not a recipe for fried chicken though. This is a very simple recipe for baked chicken that will rival fried chicken! 🙂
Often times, we are tempted to throw in all the spices we have in our spice cupboard, but that is not necessary. This recipe uses very few ingredients. Even my all time favorite Cajun seasoning, is optional.
Prep Step! 🙁
- Set your oven to pre-heat to 375F or 190C.
- Wash and clean the drumsticks. Take care to remove any hairs and tough skin that might still be left on the drumsticks.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and work the spices into the chicken with your hands.
- Line your baking tray with foil paper and spray with non-stick spray. Arrange the chicken on the tray.
Note: For best results, you can return your chicken to the fridge in a covered bowl at this point and let it sit for at least four hours. The added palm oil gives it flavor and allows the spices to get into the meat.
- Place the chicken into the oven and bake at 375F (or 190C) for 45 minutes. You can flip the drumsticks around the 30 minute mark.
Plated with sliced onions and sweet peppers!
Watch the video below to see the steps. Subscribe on YouTube to get regular updates for our latest videos!
If you try this recipe, tag us on Instagram or leave a comment below!